Welcome to our Forum, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help/FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome to the Avon RC Flyer's Forum.

Random Quote: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Gallery Home Page

NEWS:
See our new field weather station!
  Home Weather Network Avon Field Weather Field Wind Speed Field Orientation Gallery Home Gallery Pictures MembersLoginRegisterAwardsQuizzesGuestbookContactHelp  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cliff Boyer 116L (Read 58 times)

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Today
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Show the link to this post Cliff Boyer 116L
Aug 17th, 2024 at 3:46pm

In this week's MAAC magazine I read of the passing of Cliff Boyer, from Saint John. Carolyn and I talked about him, and i realized it was 50 years ago this summer that I met Cliff. He flew radio control planes and I flew control line with John Bedell. Cliff and I talked a lot about flying, and RC, and 1 day at the field up behind the Refinery workers' bunkhouses, I stood beside while he flew his bright orange Kaos .40. He handed me the radio, while the plane was in the air, and said sort of "want to try?" I've never looked back.
Cliff helped me find my first RC plane of my own, an RCM Basic Trainer. He helped me find a radio, remember the EK Logictrol Red Brick? He provided a carburator so we could make my OS .40 engine throttled. He stood beside me while I did my first 6 flights - during that last flight I asked hm a question and got no answer - he was over in the parking lot talking to guys...guess I'd soloed.
Cliff was a superb builder, and also liked to tell us that his wife Betty did the covering! He was active in starting the Saint John Model Flying Club, and encouraged all of us to go to fun flies at other clubs around the area. Helpfull!!!! My goodness, ask and he helped. 
When we got indoor going, he introduced us to rubber powered ROG. He showed us how to make "sorta" microfilm in the laundry tub.
As his MAAC number shows (116L), Cliff was a pioneer, and contributed so much to this hobby of ours. He'll be missed.

Karma is everything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter Google Digg del.icio.us reddit Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic